By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the architecture and main components of NSX
- Explain the features and benefits of NSX
- Deploy the NSX Management cluster and VMware NSX® Edge™ nodes
- Prepare VMware ESXi™ hosts to participate in NSX networking
- Create and configure segments for layer 2 forwarding
- Create and configure Tier-0 and Tier-1 gateways for logical routing
- Use distributed and gateway firewall policies to filter east-west and north-south traffic in NSX
- Configure Advanced Threat Prevention features • Configure network services on NSX Edge nodes
- Use VMware Identity Manager™ and LDAP to manage users and access
- Explain the use cases, importance, and architecture of Federation
This five-day, fast-paced course provides comprehensive training to install, configure, and manage a VMware NSX® environment. This course covers key features and functionality offered in the NSX 220.127.116.11 and NSX 4.0.1 releases, including the overall infrastructure, logical switching, logical routing, networking and security services, firewalls and advanced threat prevention, and more.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including switching and routing technologies (L2 through L3) and L2 through L7 firewall
- Knowledge and working experience with VMware vSphere® environments
- Knowledge and working experience with Kubernetes or VMware vSphere® with VMware Tanzu® environments
- Course Introduction
- VMware Virtual Cloud Network and VMware NSX
- Preparing the NSX Infrastructure
- NSX Logical Switching
- NSX Logical Routing
- NSX Bridging
- NSX Firewalls
- NSX Advanced Threat Prevention
- NSX Services
- NSX User and Role Management
- NSX Federation
Target audience: Experienced security administrators or network administrators
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Read more about the course from here.
Õppekavarühm: 0613 Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs.