Entry-level training – basics of building and visualizing Power BI reports, data sequencing, filtering and grouping.
In addition an overview of different layouts and bookmarks. Basics of collaboration in Power BI service.
- Introduction to Power BI
Practice: My First “Sales Report”.
- Visuals, fields and format
- Geographic visualization of locations
- Visuals interactions
- Obtaining custom visuals
- Report’s, page’s and visual’s filters
Practice: Fulfilling Sales Goals
- Refresh data
- Adding data from a file, relationships, key table
- Time dimension, hierarchies
- Bookmarks, slicers
- Mobile view
Practice: Working with Power BI service
- Publish report into Power BI service
- Reports in the service, dashboards, apps
- Create and use a workspaces
- Organizing collaborative work, different roles
- Mobile App
As a result of the initial training trainee will acquire the ability to create basic reports and displays for themselves and colleagues in the Power BI environment.
Get data from different data sources, basic skills to remove unnecessary information, improve information, optimization tips and tricks.
Understand the types of query tables, the structure of queries, the importance of data types. Creating a data model. Get the primary skills to add missing measures, data (DAX).
- Introduction to Power Query
- Import data, connectivity modes
Practice: Data Design and Modeling
- Best practices
- Data management
- Data types
- Clean, add, aggregate, merge e.c.t.
- Load data
- Data model, relationships
- Date table
Practice: Introduction to DAX Formulas
- Calculated columns, measures
- Table of measures
- Quick measures
- Calculated tables
Practice: Calendar, Data Update, row level security
- DAX – calendar
- Row level security
- In Power BI Desktop
- In service
- Adding additional info, visual header tooltip
- Field, table properties
As a result of second day training trainee is able to understand importants of data quality, is able to improve and clean data, create data model, add basic calculations and measures to. Have control over reports not opposite.