This four-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course covers SQL Server provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Module 2: Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
- Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Module 4: Columnstore Indexes
- Module 5: Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Module 6: Creating an ETL Solution
- Module 7: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Module 8: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Module 9: Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
- Module 10: Enforcing Data Quality
- Module 11: Using Master Data Services
- Module 12: Extending SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Module 13: Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Module 14: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
Target audience: The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
Learning methods: Practical exercise.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas” are included in the price.
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course