In this three-day, hands-on training course, you explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 7.0 and VMware ESXi™ 7.0. Real-world use-case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 7.
This course is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 7 in their existing vSphere environment.
Intended Audience: System architects, system administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures.
NB! Koolitus toimub inglise keeles!
Prerequisites: This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Recognize the importance of key features and enhancements in vSphere 6.7 update releases and
- Migrate a vCenter Server system for Windows to VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ 7.0
- Upgrade a vCenter Server instance to vSphere 7
- Describe vCenter Server, VMware ESXi™, storage, network, virtual machine, and security enhancements
in vSphere 7
- Update templates in the content library
- Use Identity Federation to configure vCenter Server to use external identity sources
- Use the VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage certificates
- Use VMware vSphere® Trust Authority™ to secure the infrastructure for encrypted VMs
- Use VMware vSphere® Lifecycle Manager™ to manage vSphere deployments and updates
- Describe the cloning and migration operations on encrypted VMs
- Describe the purpose of scalable shares and the improvements to vSphere DRS
- Describe how to change the IP address or FQDN of vCenter Server
- Identify new hardware device support in ESXi 7.0
- Recognize the enhancements available with VM compatibility version 17
- Recognize the importance of containers and Kubernetes in a modern data center
- Read more about the course here.