VMware vSphere: Operate, Scale and Secure [V8]
This five-day course teaches you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you configure and optimize the VMware vSphere 8 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure. You also discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Attend this course to deepen your understanding of vSphere and learn how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
Attending this course meets the training requirement to achieve the following certification:
- Attend VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V8]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Experience with working at the command line is highly recommended.
- Virtual Machine Operations
- vSphere Cluster Operations
- Network Operations
- Storage Operations
- vCenter and ESXi Operations
- vSphere Monitoring
- vSphere Security and Access Control
- vSphere Trusted Environments and VM Encryption
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and manage a VMware Tools Repository
- Configure vSphere Replication and recover replicated VMs
- Manage VM resource usage with resource pools
- Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Configure vCenter High Availability
- Use host profiles to manage VMware ESXi host compliance
- Use the vSphere Client to manage certificates
- Monitor the vCenter, ESXi, and VMs performance in the vSphere client
- Secure vCenter, ESXi, and VMs in your vSphere environment
- Use VMware vSphere Trust Authority to secure the infrastructure for encrypted VMs
- Use Identity Federation to configure the vCenter to use external identity sources
Target audience: Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Read more about the course from here.
Õppekavarühm: 0613 Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs.