During this four-day course, you will gain the knowledge, skills, and tools to plan and deploy a VMware vSAN™ cluster. You will learn about managing and operating vSAN. This course focuses on building the required skills for common Day-2 vSAN administrator tasks such as vSAN node management, cluster maintenance, security operations, troubleshooting and advanced vSAN cluster operations. You will learn these skills through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on lab exercises.
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to vSAN
- Planning a vSAN Cluster
- Deploying a vSAN Cluster
- vSAN Storage Policies
- vSAN Resilience and Data Availability
- Managing vSAN Storage Space Efficiency
- vSAN Security Operations
- vSAN HCI Mesh
- vSAN File Service and iSCSI Target Service
- vSAN Stretched and Two Node Clusters
- vSAN Cluster Maintenance
- vSAN Cluster Monitoring
- vSAN Troubleshooting
- vSAN Express Storage Architecture
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe vSAN concepts
- Detail the underlying vSAN architecture and components
- Explain the key features and use cases for vSAN
- Identify requirements and planning considerations for vSAN clusters
- Explain the importance vSAN node hardware compatibility
- Describe the different vSAN deployment options
- Explain how to configure vSAN fault domains
- Detail how to define and create a VM storage policy
- Discuss the impact of vSAN storage policy changes
- Detail vSAN resilience and data availability
- Describe vSAN storage space efficiency
- Explain how vSAN encryption works
- Detail VMware HCI Mesh™ technology and architecture
- Detail vSAN File Service architecture and configuration
- Describe how to setup a stretched and a two-node vSAN cluster
- Describe vSAN maintenance mode and data evacuation options
- Define the steps to shut down a vSAN cluster for maintenance
- Explain how to use proactive tests to check the integrity of a vSAN cluster
- Use VMware Skyline Health™ for monitoring vSAN health
- Use VMware Skyline Health to investigate and help determine failure conditions
- Discuss vSAN troubleshooting best practices
- Describe vSAN Express Storage Architecture™ concepts
Target audience: Storage and virtual infrastructure consultants, solution architects, and administrators who are responsible for production support and administration of VMware vSAN 8.0.
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Read more about the course from here.
Õppekavarühm: 0613 Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs.