This five-day, hands-on training course provides the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competency in operating and troubleshooting the VMware NSX infrastructure. This course introduces you to workflows of various networking and security constructs along with several operational and troubleshooting tools that help you manage and troubleshoot your VMware NSX environment.In addition, various types of technical problems are presented to you, which you will identify, analyze, and solve through a systematic process.
Before taking this course, you must complete the following course:
- VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.0]
You should also have understanding or knowledge of these technologies:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking and security, including:
- Switching and routing technologies (L2 andL3)
- Network and application delivery services (L4 through L7)
- Firewalling (L4 through L7)
- VMware vSphere environments The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization certification is recommended.
- Course Introduction
- NSX Operations and Tools
- Troubleshooting the NSX Management Cluster
- Troubleshooting Infrastructure Preparation
- Troubleshooting Logical Switching
- Troubleshooting Logical Routing
- Troubleshooting Security
- Troubleshooting Services
- Datapath Walkthrough
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Use the native tools available in NSX to identify and troubleshoot the problems.
- Use VMware Aria Operations for Logs and VMware Aria Operations for Networks to identify and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX environment
- Explain the NSX infrastructure components and the communications between them
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the management, control, and data planes in NSX
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to infrastructure preparation and VMware NSX Edge deployments
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to logical switching and logical routing
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot network security problems related to the Distributed firewalls, Gateway firewalls, and Distributed IDS/IPS.
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to VPN and VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer
- Identify the components and packet flows involved in the NSX datapath and troubleshoot related problems
- Experienced system administrators and network administrators;
- Network and security professionals who work with enterprise networks.
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Read more about the course from here.
Õppekavarühm: 0613 Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs.