The Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v12: Configure, Manage and Recover training course is a three-day technical course focused on teaching IT professionals the skills to configure, manage and support a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 solution. With extensive hands-on labs, the class enables administrators and engineers to effectively protect and manage data in an ever-changing technical and business environment, bringing tangible benefit to business in the digital world. This course is based on Veeam Backup & Replication v12, part of Veeam Data Platform
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for configuring, managing or supporting a Veeam Backup & Replication v12 environment.
Students should have fundamental IT experience working with networking, servers, storage, cloud, virtualization and operating systems.
To get the most out of this course, students should be familiar with the core fundamental concepts of Veeam Backup & Replication either through hands-on experience or by taking Veeam Backup & Replication Fundamentals free online training.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE™) v12 exam.
After completing this course, attendees should be able to:
• Describe Veeam security concepts
• Given a scenario, configure a backup job and a backup copy job
• Explain network-attached storage (NAS) backups and configuration
• Describe Veeam’s replication capabilities
• Determine appropriate use case for backups, replicas and/or continuous data protection
• Configure backup infrastructure components, including proxy and repository servers
• Given a scenario, evaluate when and how to apply immutability settings
• Given a scenario, recover data from backups
- What can be protected?
- Secure your backup server
- Application consistency with secure authentication
- Protecting workloads
- Deploying agents
- Protecting NAS
- Optimizing your backups
- Linux Hardened Repository
- Object storge repositories
- Backup infrastructure optimization
- Backup copy jobs
- Long-term retention
- Scale-out Backup Repository™
- Move and copy backups with VeeaMover
- Recovery verification
- Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Recovery scenario — Virtual machine failure
- Recovery scenario — Ransomware attack
- Recovery scenario — Agent recovery
- Recovery scenario — Explorer recovery
- Recovery scenario — Guest file recovery
- Recovery scenario — Recovery from replica
- Recovery scenario — Instant NAS recovery
- Read more about the course here.