After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Import and export data. Monitor SQL Server.
- Trace SQL Server activity.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Audit data access and encrypt data.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications.
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Prerequisities – workibg with databases, knowledge about Windows virualisation.
See the web portfolio of lecturer here: Amir Zare Pashaei
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014 Database Administration
- Module 2: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2014
- Module 3: Working with Databases and Storage
- Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
- Module 5: Restoring SQL Server 2014 Databases
- Module 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 7: Monitoring SQL Server 2014
- Module 8: Tracing SQL Server Activity
- Module 9: Managing SQL Server Security
- Module 10: Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
- Module 11: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 12: Automating SQL Server 2014 Management
- Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server 2014 by Using Alerts and Notifications
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas”
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course