We invite you to the training course “Kanban system design” (also known as Kanban Management Professional 1 or KMP1). This class includes the necessary amount of information to understand how “work works”. This class is intended to break some of the widespread beliefs about how the work process is organized and optimized. With the help of systems thinking tools students can see a bigger picture of the systems, they are working with, which is a starting point towards an ability to build a system that will be fit for its need. All participants will receive an official internationally recognized certificate of attendance from Kanban University.
- Overview of the Kanban method
- History, principles, values
- Internal and external sources of variability and dissatisfaction with the process
- Analysis between system’s demand and capacity
- Risk management with Kanban: Classes of Service
- Kanban system design:
- Ticket design
- Kanban boards design
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Making policies explicit
- Queues, flow control, metrics, measurements
- Little’s Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Lead time distribution chart
- Control chart
- Meetings in Kanban
- A full-scale simulation of Kanban system
This program is designed for professionals who are responsible for process optimization, business performance, and project management: managers, IT directors, heads of departments, middle managers, team leaders, project managers, technical managers, engineers, and anyone who is interested in the results of the work of the various groups of people. Also, this training will be useful to ScrumMasters, who want to help their teams to get to the next level.
Training is particularly suitable for those who:
● wants to start working with Kanban systems and look for initial support
● is already using a Kanban system and wants to check whether its implementation matches to the best practices in the industry and get new ideas to improve their system.
Besides that, training helps synchronize understanding of Kanban for all participants and introduces a common “language” of terms – equally understand the terms, practices, and, most importantly, the purpose of process improvement using Kanban systems.
- Read more about the course from here
Õppekavarühm: 0613 Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs.