Product owners have a unique and demanding role on agile teams.
A product owner decides what the team will create next in order to deliver more value to the customer. In a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO®) class, you’ll learn the framework, principles, and values that make scrum work, plus key skills and tools you need to be effective.
You will discover how to juggle multiple stakeholders’ needs, get hands-on practice creating a product vision, and learn new ways to get to know your customers so that you can choose the right next piece of value to bring to market for them.
What are the benefits of a Scrum Product Owner certification?
- By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified Scrum Product Owner’s role from the best minds in Scrum
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Engage with a community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement
As a CSPO, you will be able to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. You will also have access to a 2-year membership with Scrum Alliance. Through this membership you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources. In addition, CSPOs can use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Who should take the course?
Anyone who enjoys (or wants to become more familiar with) the business side of projects can benefit from earning a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) class. CSPOs decide what the team will create, ordering the work to ensure that the most valuable, impactful products reach customers at a regular cadence.
The training will be beneficial to:
- Product owners or product owner candidates;
- Product and portfolio managers;
- Business representatives;
- Business experts;
- Executives, managers, support staff who are interested in improving product development through an in-depth hands-on workshop
- Understanding Customers and Users
- Why product discovery
- Segmenting customers and users
- Creating a shared understanding of customer needs
- Prioritizing conflicting customers’ needs
- Persona concepts and application
- Validating Product Assumptions
- How to validate within Scrum Framework
- Validation methods and selection
- Product Purpose and Strategy
- Create and describe Product Vision
- Product Strategy
- Roadmap and Release planning
- Define and measure value for products
- Models and techniques for prioritizing product features
- Product Backlog and Product Goal
- Product backlog and its characteristics
- Product Backlog Item (PBI) and its characteristics
- User Stories
- Product Backlog Refinement – a powerful vehicle
- when, why and how
- Methods for slicing larger needs into smaller product backlog items
- Scrum Framework Introduction
- Scrum framework overview
- How to benefit from Scrum framework to build a fantastic product
- Agile estimation and release planning
- Summary of Product Ownership
- Core competencies of a product owner
- Key benefits of Product Ownership
- Differentiating outcome and output
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Collaboration with developers
- Working with multiple Scrum teams
- Next steps to be a great Product Owner
Read more about the course from here
Õppekavarühm: 0613 Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs.