After finishing this course student has the ability to:
- Use HTML5 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Create HTML5 forms by using different input types, and validate user input by using HTML5 attributes.
- Style/Design HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Enhance the user experience (UX) by improving the responsiveness of a Web application
This course provides an introduction to HTML5 and CSS3 to help students gain basic programming skills. We will focus on using HTML5/CSS3 to implement programming logic, define and use variables, develop user interfaces, capture and validate user input, and create well-structured application.
This course helps students to use Interaction design methodologies to make a responsive web application and enhance the user experience.
The goal of the course is for the participant to gain a strong foundation for frontend web development and User Interface design.
Professional developers and non-proffesionals are equaly welcomed to take part of the cource. Some recommendation of previous experience:
- Professional developers who have 4-9 month of programming experience and are interested in developing web applications using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Non-professionals with 1-3 month experience in creating web applications.
- People without a developer background who are interested in creating web applications.
- Junior frontend/software developers and other who are willing to make a rich website in terms of design and developments
Day 1: HTML5
- Overview & Fundamentals of HTML
- Metadata and document head
- HTML semantics
- Audio, video and other objects
- HTML5 data elements
- Document outlines
- CSS status
- Using CSS
- CSS syntax
- Formatting text
- Formatting images
- Using colors and backgrounds
- Creating borders
- Formatting links
Day3: UX/UI design
- Responsive web design
- Layout types
- Fix design
- Fluid design
- Responsive design
- Grid-based layout
- Media query
- Introducing CSS frameworks and Grids
- Choosing a framework (Bootstrap)
- Setting up a framework (Bootstrap)
- Building a framework-based webpage (Bootstrap)
- Building a Grid-based layout
Price includes coffee breaks and lunches in restoran “Lusikas”.
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.