Under the DIHUB training and pilot program, Tartu Vocational Center for Excellence provides its IT students with the possibility to test and further develop their professional competencies by participating in real-life experiments with small and medium-size companies. As DIHUB project is focused on cloud technologies deployment, four partner companies have selected cloud technologies implementation related problems or tasks for the students to solve. BCS Koolitus is involved as one of the participating SMEs and support 2 teams in through the apprenticeship period.
15 participating students are divided into 5 teams, who all are working on one specific task. Teams are working closely both with their team coordinator and with the company representative for 130 days.
Project results will be presented on an online seminar in March, 2021.
A total of 5 exciting and unique projects were presented:
- Digitization of a private hobby school´s learning processes, that would include an introduction and implementation of an e-diary; Inside the project, students will search and evaluate possible solutions available on the market, and provide the client with a selection of most suitable learning management platforms to choose from. The learning management platform will be used both for conducting online courses and for managing pupils personal learning path.
During the DIHUB apprenticeship project, a hybrid learning solution will be developed, allowing dance students to participate in the lesson from home and from the dance studio. The DIHUB proposed solution will include also the usage of a video streaming platform. This new solution will help and allow the hobby school to continue their everyday business also during the COVID restrictions.
- Development of a construction company´s infrastructure services, mainly focusing on an introduction to Microsoft 365 platform and its gadgets. Under the DIHUB project, students have the task to ensure the company`s data is protected, integrated, but available only to dedicated user groups. The Project will result with full deployment, configuration, and integration of a private cloud solution.
- Small architecture and design office IT-infrastructure upgrade and deployment of a Microsoft cloud solution – Azure, Azure AD, Sharepoint, Teams, OneDrive. In addition, the private cloud NextCloud solution will be updated and developed. The project will also include a security audit.
- Creation of a free virtual backup server solution for training company. Young people are expected to come up with at least two solutions, with a thorough analysis of each solution; their functionalities, relocation capabilities, and original data-recovery plan.
- Creation of a small-scale document management system for the company, using MS Sharepoint, Power Automate or Power Apps platform to manage the registration and processing of vocation applications of the company’s employees. The solution will include the development of a modern employment contract management solution.