After finishing this course student has the ability to:
- Create his/her own website with powerful publishing platform;
- Create a feature-rich blog or website;
- Create and publish posts and pages;
- Customize the website with themes, widgets and custom menus;
- Extend WordPress with plug-ins.
In this course we will focuse on how to build a blog/website using WordPress – a platform that offers templates and tools to create the desired result according to the users needs.
The main goal of the course is to gain skill in creating a blog or a website using WordPress.
We welcome people who are willing to create and customize their own websites or blogs by using WordPress. Basic knowledge of HTML programming is of use.
See the web portfolio of lecturer here: Amir Zare Pashaei
- WordPress introduction
- download, upload, install
- Using asset files
- Set-ups and settings
- WordPress Configuration
- Accessing the wp-content folder
- Manually installing themes and plug-ins
- Fixing a crashed site
- Pages and posts
- The difference between posts and pages
- Using templates and Setting up pages
- Creating a post, page
- Formatting the text
- Working witth links
- Working with media
- Managing media from the admin panel
- Adding elements
- Managing categories and tags
- Publishing a post
- Working with Plug-ins and themes
- Installing plug-ins
- Some plug-ins
- Creating a contact form
- Installing new themes
- Configuring themes
- Customizing WordPress for smartphones and tablets
- WordPress settings
- Managing site users
- Managing comments
- Using widgets
- Creating custom widgets using the text widget
- Creating custom menus
- Maintenance and security
- Backing up a WordPress site
- Importing and exporting content from WordPress
- Restoring a site from a crash
- Keeping WordPress up to date
- Creating Permalinks
- Search engine indexing and social sharing
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
Price includes coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant Lusikas.