After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 administration tools and licenssing options.
- Deploy and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Perform an Exchange Server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Describe and deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment.
- Deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid environment.
- Describe and deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
This is a 3-day ILT course that targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in administering, configuring, and operating Office 365 services in hybrid environments, where part of the infrastructure is hosted on-premises. This course also includes management of identities, authentication, and supporting technologies for Office 365. This course focuses on the skills required to administer and troubleshoot an Office 365 tenant, and key services of Office 365 such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business, as well as services such as Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Azure Active Directory Identity Protection, and Azure Active Directory Privileged Identity Management. All these services are covered from the hybrid aspect. This course provides knowledge on how to use Office 365 services for both cloud and on-premises resources.
The audience for this course includes IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn how to implement and maintain Office 365 in hybrid scenarios, where one part of collaboration infrastructure is located on-premises and integrated with Office 365 services. These professionals should have at least 3 years of experience working in their respective fields—specifically, previous knowledge about Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Skype for Business Server (for example, Lync server) is expected. Students who attend this course are also expected to have a fairly broad understanding of Office 365 services administration in general, as well as several on-premises technologies such as DNS and AD DS.
- Module 1: Introduction to Office 365 administration and licensing
- Module 2: Deploying and configuring directory synchronization
- Module 3: Exchange Server hybrid deployment planning
- Module 4: Exchange Server hybrid deployment
- Module 5: Skype for Business and Teams in Office 365 hybrid deployment
- Module 6: SharePoint and OneDrive for Business hybrid deployment
- Module 7: Deploying additional Office 365 services in a hybrid deployment
- Module 8: Authentication options in hybrid deployments
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- coffee breaks and lunch