This 4-day instructor led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Module 2: Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Module 3: Writing SELECT Queries
- Module 4: Querying Multiple Tables
- Module 5: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Module 6: Working with SQL Server 2014 Data Types
- Module 7: Using DML to Modify Data
- Module 8: Using Built-In Functions
- Module 9: Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Module 10: Using Subqueries
- Module 11: Using Table Expressions
- Module 12: Using Set Operators
- Module 13: Using Window Ranking, Offset, and Aggregate Functions
- Module 14: Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Module 15: Querying data with Stored Procedures
- Module 16: Programming with T-SQL
- Module 17: Implementing Error Handling
- Module 18: Implementing Transactions
- Module 19: Appendix 1: Improving Query Performance
- Module 20: Appendix 2: Querying SQL Server Metadata
Target audience: This course is intended for Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals. The course will very likely be well attended by SQL power users who aren’t necessarily database-focused or plan on taking the exam; namely, report writers, business analysts and client application developers.
Learning methods: Practical exercise.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas” are included in the price.
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course