Querying Data with Microsoft Transact-SQL (DP-080T00)
This course will teach the basics of Microsoft’s dialect of the standard SQL language: Transact-SQL. Topics include both querying and modifying data in relational databases that are hosted in Microsoft SQL Server-based database systems, including: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and, Azure Synapse Analytics.
This course can be valuable for anyone who needs to write basic SQL or Transact-SQL queries. This includes anyone working with data as a data analyst, a data engineer, a data scientist, a database administrator or a database developer. It can also be useful for others peripherally involved with data, or wanting to learn more about working with data such as solution architects, students and technology managers.
Module 1: Getting Started with Transact-SQL
- Module 2: Sorting and Filtering Query Results
- Module 3: Using Joins and Subqueries
- Module 4: Using Built-in Functions
- Module 5: Modifying Data
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use SQL Server query tools
- Write SELECT statements to retrieve columns from one or more tables
- Sort and filter selected data
- Use built-in functions to returned data values
- Create groups of data and aggregate the results
- Modify data with Transact-SQL using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
Coffee breaks and lunch
Õppekavarühm: 0612 Andmebaaside ja võrgu disain ning haldus.