Power BI (In English)
Power BI 3-day training introduces a powerful tool to help you make information-based decisions. Using Power BI data can be collected, organized, and merged into a data model. Also, it can be visualized and shared with company employees or the public web.
NEW! To meet the needs and expectations of our customers even better we have made the DAX functions, filtering options and bookmarks course part even more detailed – and all of that for better data analysis.
Target group and previous knowledge: Basic knowledge of MS Excel
Learning tools: Computer with Windows operating system and Power BI Desktop app
Creating queries with Power Query
- Importing data from different sources
- From the web
- From the database
- From text files
- From Excel spreadsheets
- From Facebook, Outlook…
- Joining tables
- Merging tables
- Taking data from a secondary table, i.e. linking tables
- Organizing data
- Filtering and sorting
- Setting headers
- Joining and splitting columns
- Defining data types
- Making a standard table from Pivot table
- Adding columns with calculations
- Updating and editing queries
- Functions in queries (“M”-functions)
- Conditional sentences
- Format conversion functions
- Time functions
- Text functions
- Statistical functions
Visualize data on the Dashboard using Power BI Desktop
- Application installation
- Working environment
- Creating a data model
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Calculation of key figures and summaries
- Calculating new measures with DAX functions – Even more thorough!
- Tables and matrices
- Dynamic bar, line, pie charts
- Geographic location charts
- Set the location type
- Points on the map
- Tables and matrices
- Filtering options – Even more thorough!
- Visual, page and report filters
- Drill and its settings
- Importing custom visuals (new charts, images…)
- Design of visualization objects
- Fonts, colours, adding and removing objects in graphics
- Setting the scales
- Adding dynamic lines
Desktop sharing options
Teaching methods: Classroom or online 15 academic hours (inc 10 hours of practical exercises)
Assessment method: Practical exercise, independent work
Assessment criteria: The achievement of learning outcomes is checked through independent practical work.
Graduation and certifications issued: The graduate of the training gets a certificate after completing all the independent practical exercises given during the training. Participants who have not achieved the learning outcomes will be issued a certificate of participation in the training upon request.
Price includes: Coffee breaks at the training centre
Curriculium group: 0611 Arvutikasutus.