Overview of the following tools will be given during the workshop:
- AWS EC2
This 3-day workshop focuses on solving challenges that organizations face when implementing DevOps initiatives. It introduces principles of DevOps and tools that help reach full automation of infrastructure provisioning and software delivery. Theoretical background as well as practical hands-on examples of tools like Ansible, Docker, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Serverless and many others are given during this workshop.
- Module 01: introduction to DevOps, infrastructure as code, immutable infrastructure, idempotence principle, delivery pipelines, GitOps
- Module 02: managing virtual/cloud resources with IaC, tooling overview, building first infrastructure configuration pipeline with Terraform
- Module 03: managing multi-cloud/multi-data-center resources with Terraform and Terraform modules
- Module 04: integrating with classic server provisioning tools like Ansible
- Module 05: dynamic inventories, network management, building complex infrastructure delivery pipelines, organizing team work
- Module 06: managing base machine images with Packer
- Module 07: introduction to containers and container management
- Module 08: building/publishing images, running containers with Docker
- Module 09: implementing complex use cases with Docker Compose
- Module 10: using Kubernetes to run container workloads
- Module 11: using Helm charts and Kubernetes operators
- Module 12: leveraging service mesh features with Linkerd
- Module 13: introduction to observability: logs, metrics, traces
- Module 14: configuring Prometheus jobs and exporters, creating Grafana data sources and dashboards
- Module 15: DevSecOps: integrating linters, security policy checkers, vulnerability scanners
- Module 16: leveraging managed FaaS: OpenFaaS, Kubeless and Serverless
- Module 17: implementing a chat bot for Slack for effective ChatOps
- Module 18: introduction to chaos engineering
This course is suited both for developers who want to know more about operations and infrastructure world, and for operations people who want to get new ways of automating software delivery and maintenance. Suits for system administrators or developers who are responsible for the environment.
- Read more about the course from here.