We invite you to 5-session online class “Kanban System Design” (KSD) (also known as Kanban Management Professional 1 or KMP1). Here you will master fundamentals of “Stop starting and start finishing” mindset. This class is intended to break some of the widespread believes how the work processes are organized and optimized. With help of systems thinking tools you will learn how to work in bigger picture with all the diversity of your tasks. It will help to avoid local optimizations and focus on the efficiency of whole system (team, process, organization)!
It is a starting point towards an ability to build a system that will be fit for its need. This class will create sufficient skills to start using Kanban in your organization and team as a tool to visualize issues in your systems and improve them to perfection.
- Overview of the Kanban method
1. History, principles, values,
- Internal and external sources of variability and dissatisfaction with the process
- Analysis between system’s demand and capacity
- Risk management with Kanban: Classes of Service
- Kanban system design:
- Ticket design
- Kanban boards design
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Making policies explicit
- Queues, flow control, metrics, measurements
- Little’s Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Lead time distribution chart
- Control chart
- Meetings in Kanban
- A full-scale simulation of Kanban system
This program is designed for professionals who are responsible for process optimization, business performance, and project management: managers, IT directors, heads of departments, middle managers, team leaders, project managers, technical managers, engineers, and anyone who is interested in the results of the work of the various groups of people. Also, this training will be useful to ScrumMasters, who want to help their teams to get to the next level.
Training is particularly suitable for those who:
● wants to start working with Kanban systems and look for initial support
● is already using a Kanban system and wants to check whether its implementation matches to the best practices in the industry and get new ideas to improve their system.
Besides that, training helps synchronize understanding of Kanban for all participants and introduces a common “language” of terms – equally understand the terms, practices, and, most importantly, the purpose of process improvement using Kanban systems.
- Read more about the course from here