What is the value to the organization that Kanban of implementation brings?
What are the components of the mechanism?
How to use the Lean philosophy?
How to get the maximum benefits of the combination of Kanban and Scrum?
The 2-day hands-on class gives an opportunity to get an answer to these and other questions and even get a hands-on experience with the principles of the method. All the participants will return from the class with the skill of designing Kanban systems.
LeanKanban University invites you to 2-day class “Kanban system design”. This class includes the necessary amount of information to create sufficient skills to start using Kanban method in your organization. This course is the official training class of LeanKanban University, founded by David Anderson – author of the Kanban method. All participants will receive an official internationally recognized certificate of attendance from LeanKanban University.
The two-day training program is expanded by preliminary self-training and “homework.” This allows the most efficient use of time in the training for discussions, individual and group exercises. This training incorporates many concepts of “training from the back of the room”, in which the participants say and do more than the instructor: short blocks of theory alternate with practice and exercises. Also, the program includes a full-scale simulation of the kanban system in a safe environment where all participants will be able to experience all aspects of the kanban system.
- Overview of the Kanban method
- History, principles, values
- Internal and external sources of variability and dissatisfaction with the process
- Analysis between system’s demand and capacity
- Risk management with Kanban: Classes of Service
- Kanban system design
- Ticket design
- Kanban boards design
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Making policies explicit
- Queues, flow control, metrics, measurements
- Little’s Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Lead time distribution chart
- Control chart
- Meetings in Kanban
- A full-scale simulation of Kanban system
This program is designed for professionals who are responsible for process optimization, business performance, and project management: managers, IT directors, heads of departments, middle managers, team leaders, project managers, technical managers, engineers, and anyone who is interested in the results of the work of the various groups of people. Also, this training will be useful to ScrumMasters, who want to help their teams to get to the next level.
Training is particularly suitable for those who:
- want to start working with Kanban systems and look for initial support
- are already using a Kanban system and want to check whether its implementation matches to the best practices in the industry and get new ideas to improve their system.
Besides that, training helps synchronize understanding of Kanban for all participants and introduces a common “language” of terms – equally understand the terms, practices, and, most importantly, the purpose of process improvement using Kanban systems.
More information about the course here.