After finishing this course, a student has the ability to:
- Describe the features of Java and demonstrate how Java works
- Explain the runtime architecture
- Describe and recognize JVM and JDKs
- Use Java IDEs (Eclipse, Intellij IDEA)
- Define and use methods
- Create classes and objects
- Explain encapsulation
- Make a responsive application
This course provides an introduction to Java development and helps students to gain basic Java programming skills
Prerequisites: basic programming skills
- Introduction to Java language
- Java fundamentals
- Types and variables
- Strings and string processing
- Decision making
- Arrays and collections
- Classes and objects
- Object-Oriented Programming principles
- Exceptions and exception handling
- File operations
- Building user interfaces with Java – JavaFX
Target audience: Professional and non-professional developers are equally welcomed to take part of the course. Some recommendations based on previous experience:
- Professional developers with 6-12 months of programming experience
- Non-professionals with 1-3 month experience of programming
- People without a developer background, but who are interested in learning to program applications in Java
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work by developing a program.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks at the training center and lunch in the restaurant “Lusikas” are included in the price.