DevOps is a growing movement that encourages closer collaboration of developers and system operations to help business goals to be achieved efficiently and on time. Software development and infrastructure scaling are very fast-paced nowadays. That brings a necessity of larger automation, measurement and information sharing for all involved processes.
Webinar contains unique content – real-life use cases, modern infrastructure, CI/CD/GitOps principles shown in practice.
This 3-day webinar focuses on solving challenges that organisations face when implementing DevOps initiatives. It introduces principles of DevOps and tools that help reach full automation of infrastructure provisioning and software delivery. Theoretical background as well as practical hands-on examples of tools like Ansible, Docker, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Serverless and many others are given during this workshop.
- Introduction to DevOps: The story, Problems, Main principles
- Team work: DevOps team topologies, Unplanned work, Making work visible, KanBan for Ops, Site Reliability Engineers
- Automation is the key: Why to automate? What to automate? How to automate? When to not automate? Automation arguments, mathematical models, automation approaches
- Continuous X: Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery, Relation to DevOps, Lean, and Agile
- Configuration management: Metadata management, Maturity model, Service Discovery, Configuration Servers, GitOps
- Infrastructure automation: Managing environments, Developer’s machine, From development to production, Infrastructure scaling, Mean time to recovery, Servers vs. Serverless, SDN (Software Defined Networks), SDx (Software Defined Everything)
- Cloud infrastructure: Public clouds, Private clouds, Cloud Economics, Cloud Security, IaaS (infrastructure as a service), PaaS (platform as a service), CaaS (container as a service), FaaS (function as a service)
- Tooling: Local development, Infrastructure connectivity, Infrastructure provisioning, Infrastructure testing, Infrastructure monitoring
- Lab work: Git, Vagrant, Packer, Bash/Fabric, Puppet/Ansible, ServerSpec, Jenkins/GitLab-CI/Bamboo, Docker, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, Serverless, ELK.
This course is suited both for developers who want to know more about operations and infrastructure world, and for operations people who want to get new ways of automating software delivery and maintenance. Audience: Developers, software architects, technical project managers, system administrators.
Prerequisites: laptop with at least 8GB of RAM and 20GB of free disk space. Please install these tools before workshop to speed up progress:
- Install VirtualBox
- Install Vagrant
- Install Packer
- 💺 Join from the convenience of your office or home.
- 🎙️ Live and interactive – you can ask questions in the chat and get live clarifications.
- ⁉️ Q&A session in the end of each day – you will to get answers to more complex questions in a 1-hour long Q&A session.
- 📦 Modular structure – you can to skip one or two modules, but still be effective in the rest of the course.
- 🛠️ Practical exercises with solutions – lots of simple and not-so-simple tasks to practice with during the course; Solutions will be provided afterwards.
- 📹 Video recordings will be available after the course – you can revisit some topics later.
- 🏡 Additional home work – for those who want to practice more after the course; Homework will be reviewed and supplemented by constructive feedback.
- ✉️ Lifetime e-mail support – you can get answers on anything related to the course content as well as advice based on your company specific situation.
- 📊 Quizzes and polls during the course – learning should be fun.
- 🏅 Certificate of attendance – you will get a shareable online certificate.
- 🎓 Exam after the course – you may pass an optional 1-hour exam and get your score printed on the certificate.