The main coal of this cource is to introduce students to Transact-SQL and Developing SQL databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016.
- Describe T-SQL, sets, and predicate logic.
- Write a single table SELECT statement.
- Write a multi-table SELECT statement.
- Write SELECT statements with filtering and sorting.
- Describe how SQL Server uses data types.
- Write DML statements.
- Write queries that use built-in functions.
- Write queries that aggregate data.
- Write subqueries.
- Create and implement views and table-valued functions.
- Use set operators to combine query results.
- Write queries that use window ranking, offset, and aggregate functions.
- Transform data by implementing pivot, unpivot, rollup and cube.
- Create and implement stored procedures
- Add programming constructs such as variables, conditions, and loops to T-SQL code.
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and Implement In-Memory Tables.
- Implement Managed Code in SQL Server.
- Store and Query XML Data.
- Work with Spatial Data.
- Store and Query Blobs and Text Documents
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Some experience with database design.
- This course is NOT recommended to junior developers.
See the web portfolio of lecturer here: Amir Zare Pashaei
Sihtgrupp:The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2016 product features and technologies for implementing a database. Also Database designers and Developers, Business Intelligence solution designers.
- Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Module 2: Querying Multiple Tables
- Module 3: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Module 4: Using Built-In Functions
- Module 5: Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Module 6: Using Table Expressions
- Module 7: Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Module 8: Executing Stored Procedures
- Module 9: Programming with T-SQL
- Module 10: Implementing Transactions
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing Tables
- Module 12: Introduction to Indexes
- Module 13: Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Module 14: Designing and Implementing Views
- Module 15: Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Module 16: Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Module 17: Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Module 18: Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Module 19: Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- Module 20: Performance and Monitoring
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas”
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course