This four-day instructor-led course provides students who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Some experience with database design.
- This course is NOT recommended to junior developers.
- Module 1: SQL Server Security
- Module 2: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 3: Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Module 4: Backing up SQL Server Databases
- Module 5: Restoring SQL Server 2016 Databases
- Module 6: Automating SQL Server Management
- Module 7: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 8: Introduction to managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Module 9: Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Module 10: Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 11: SQL Server 2016 Components
- Module 12: Installing SQL Server 2016
- Module 13: Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2016
- Module 14: Working with Databases
- Module 15: Performing Database Maintenance
- Module 16: Database Storage Options
- Module 17: Planning to Deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
- Module 18: Migrating databases to Azure SQL Database
- Module 19: Deploying SQL Server on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- Module 20: Managing databases in the Cloud
Target audience:The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Learning methods: Practical exercise.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas” are included in the price.
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course