After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan an Office 365 deployment, configure the Office 365 tenant, and plan a pilot deployment.
- Manage Office 365 users, groups, and licenses, and configure delegated administration.
- Plan and configure client connectivity to Office 365.
- Plan and configure directory synchronization between Azure AD and on-premises AD DS.
- Plan and implement the Office 365 ProPlus deployment.
- Plan and manage Exchange Online recipients and permissions.
- Plan and configure Exchange Online services.
- Plan and implement the Skype for Business Online deployment.
- Plan and configure SharePoint Online.
- Plan and configure an Office 365 collaboration solution that includes Yammer Enterprise, OneDrive for Business, and Office 365 groups.
- Plan and configure the integration between Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Information Protection, and configure compliance features in Office 365.
- Monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues.
- Plan and implement identity federation between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD.
This is a 4-day ILT course that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to evaluate, plan, deploy, and operate Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies. Students also will learn how to set up an Office 365 tenant including federation with existing user identities, and sustain an Office 365 tenant and its users.
Target audience: This courseis intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning,configuring, and managing an Office 365 environment. Students who attend this course are expected to have a fairly broad understanding of severalon-premises technologies such as Domain Name System (DNS) and ActiveDirectory Domain Services (AD DS). In addition, they should have a general understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Lync Server or Skypefor Business Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
This course also is intended as preparation material for ITprofessionals who are looking to take the exams 70-346: Managing Office 365Identities and Requirements and 70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services, to obtain the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Office 365certification.
- Module 1: Planning and provisioning Office 365
- Module 2: Managing Office 365 users and groups
- Module 3: Configuring client connectivity to Microsoft Office 365
- Module 4: Planning and configuring directory synchronization
- Module 5: Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
- Module 6: Planning and managing Exchange Online recipients and permissions
- Module 7: Planning and configuring Exchange Online services
- Module 8: Planning and deploying Skype for Business Online
- Module 9: Planning and configuring SharePoint Online
- Module 10: Planning and configuring a Office 365 collaboration solution
- Module 11: Planning and configuring security and compliance in Office 365
- Module 12: Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365
- Module 13: Planning and configuring identity federation
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with AD DS.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later is beneficial but not required.
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas”
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course