After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision a Database Server.
- Upgrade SQL Server.
- Configure SQL Server.
- Manage Databases and Files (shared).
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services
- Implement dimensions in a cube
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube
- Use MDX syntax
- Customize a cube
- Implement a tabular database
- Use DAX to query a tabular model
- Use data mining for predictive analysis
The main coal of this five-day instructor-led course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course covers SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil BI Developer role to create enterprise BI solutions. Primary responsibilities will include implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services and creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Some experience with database design.
- This course is NOT recommended to junior developers.
See the web portfolio of lecturer here: Amir Zare Pashaei
- Module 1: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Module 2: Columnstore Indexes
- Module 3: Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Module 4: Creating an ETL Solution
- Module 5: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Module 6: Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
- Module 7: Enforcing Data Quality
- Module 8: Using Master Data Services
- Module 9: Implementing Master Data Services
- Module 10: Deploying and configuring SSIS Packages
- Module 11: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
- Module 12: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Module 13: Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Module 14: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Module 15: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Module 16: Introduction to MDX
- Module 17: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Module 18: Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
- Module 19: Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- Module 20: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas”
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course