This five-day instructor-led course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course covers SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Some experience with database design.
- This course is NOT recommended to junior developers.
- Module 1: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Module 2: Columnstore Indexes
- Module 3: Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Module 4: Creating an ETL Solution
- Module 5: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Module 6: Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
- Module 7: Enforcing Data Quality
- Module 8: Using Master Data Services
- Module 9: Implementing Master Data Services
- Module 10: Deploying and configuring SSIS Packages
- Module 11: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
- Module 12: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Module 13: Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Module 14: Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Module 15: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Module 16: Introduction to MDX
- Module 17: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Module 18: Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
- Module 19: Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- Module 20: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
Target audience: The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil BI Developer role to create enterprise BI solutions.
Learning methods: Practical exercise.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch in restaurant “Lusikas” are included in the price.
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course
- The course is in English
- See the web portfolio of lecturer Amir Zare Pashaei