Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases (MOC#20462)
This four-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
- No need for previous programming skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014 Database Administration
- Module 2: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2014
- Module 3: Working with Databases and Storage
- Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
- Module 5: Restoring SQL Server 2014 Databases
- Module 6: Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 7: Monitoring SQL Server 2014
- Module 8: Tracing SQL Server Activity
- Module 9: Managing SQL Server Security
- Module 10: Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
- Module 11: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 12: Automating SQL Server 2014 Management
- Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server 2014 by Using Alerts and Notifications
Learning methods: Practical exercise.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
- Coffee breaks and lunch
- Free Microsoft certification exam within the period of 6 months after finishing the course