After finishing this course student has the ability to:
- Use Java IDE including eclipse/ Intellij IDE
- Describe the new features of Java, and demonstrate how java works
- Create objects and define classes and methods and use them in various ways
- Describe and recognize JVM and JDKs
- Explain the runtime architecture
- Explain encapsulation
- Make a responsive application
In this course we will focus how to use Java to implement programming logic, define and use objects and variables to create a responsive application.
The main goal of the course is to gain a strong skill in programming with Java language and become able to create a full-featured program.
See the web portfolio of lecturer here: Amir Zare Pashaei
Target group: We welcome people who are interested in developing java applications. Attendants with no programming background are welcome to this course. Also programmers with experience of 4 to 6 months are more than welcome.
- Introduction to Java language
- History of Java
- How does Java work
- JVM architecture
- What is JVM
- Configuring Java classpath
- Downloading and installing JDK
- What is JDK and JRE
- Java Fundamentals
- Syntax rules
- Type of errors
- Reserved words
- Escape sequences
- Objects and classes in Java
- Creating objects in Java
- Introduction to objects and classes
- Working with Arrays and data types
- Data types in Java
- Types of arrays
- Working with arrays and methods
- Working with variables and data types
- Loop control in Java
- Different types of loops in Java
- Do…While loop
- Enhanced For loop (for each)
- For loop
- While loop in Java
- Decision making in Java
- Introduction to decision making
- IF statement
- Switch statements
- String in switch statement
- Inheritance in Java
- Introduction to inheritance and types of inheritance
- Multi-level and Single inheritance
- Working with strings in Java
- Exception handling
- Throwing and catching
- Exception hierarchy
- Catch process
- Building GUI
- Working with Swing
- Working with labels, buttons, and etc.
Learning methods: Practical exercise, independent work.
Assesment methods: Execution of independent work.
Assesment form: Independent practical tasks on relevant topics.
Price includes coffee breaks and lunch in restoran “Lusikas”.